Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunn O)))

Come, children, let us take a little trip to the cursed realm of the winterdemons. I feel like i've got a winterdemon in my head (i'm hungover as fuck) and i'm smoking my last cigarette while listening to some rocky votolato (which will be my next post) so i'm gunna post until this advil kicks in.

Here's most of my Sunn O))) collection (i lost some of my live stuff due to one of those "u unplugged ur xternal fux u LOLz" errors)

[1999] - The Grimmrobe Demos (demo, re-issue)


[200-2001]
00 Void & Flight of the Behemoth
"Death becomes you," motherfucker. The For Whom the Bell Tolls (FWTBT) cover is really sick. Cliff Burton would be proud.

[2003] White1
This is a really good album. "My Wall" was the first song i ever heard by Sunn O))) and it rocked my fucking world. "The Gates of Ballard" is also phenomenal.

[2003] - Veils It White (12'' EP, live)
[2004] - Candlewolf Of The Golden Chalice (The Peel Session) (12'' EP, live)
[2004] - Cro-Monolithic Remixes For An Iron Age (EP)


[2004] The Horn and The Spear EP



[2004] White2
part 1
part 2

I also like this album alot. "Hell - O))) ween" is heavy as balls and "BassAliens" is fucked up.

[2004] Live White
part 1
part 2

[2004] The Libations of Samhain (Live EP)
part 1
part 2


2005 - Black One
part 1
part 2

Black One is my favorite Sunn O))) album (as i'm sure it is/will be yours). Every song is amazingly heavy. The first time I heard this album I was listening to it through nice headphones, in my bedroom, in my empty house, at 2 am. I wasn't even high and it scared the shit out of me. I think everyone should listen to this album on halloween ( + Hell - O))oween from White2, of course). You might even scare trick-or-treaters if you blast it loud enough.

Here's Solstitium Fulminate the 2nd disc of the 2-disc special edition of Black One (i've included the alternate versions of "Sin Nanna" and "It Took the Night to Believe").

This is kinda cool. My friend showed it to me awhile ago. It's "the critical boiling point of water" to Orthadox Caveman.


[2005] Live @ Roadburn Festival (9/4/05)

[2006] La Mort Noir dans Esch - Alzette (Live Limited Edition)
part 1
part 2


[2006] Angel Coma (EP, split with Earth)

[2006] Live @ TeganTonen (3/3/06)

[2007] Oracle
part 1
part 2

[2007] Sunn O))) & Boris' Altar (Japanese Version with bonus tracks)
part 1
part 2
part 3

This album is seriously FUCKING AMAZING. I had mixed feelings about Boris until i heard this album. It's a masterpiece. Just download it, smoke a bong, and listen to it RIGHT NOW.

[2008] Domkirke (live)

Check out their Encyclopedia Metallum entry for some helpful links/info/lyrics.

Here's their old page (that still gets updated) and heres the Sunn O)))/Boris page.

I've got FLACs of 00 Void, Flight of the Behemoth, Black One, and White2. If anyone wants me to up those let me know.

If you like this music, SUPPORT THE ARTIST.

No comments: